The development of Bolesławiec is visible in numerous areas - increasingly better choice of residential offers (new housing estates, new areas for residential construction), dynamic economic development of the town (new industrial plants located in Bolesławiec), ever widening educational offers and a rich leisure offer (new cultural and recreational centres).
The A4 motorway and the A18 motorway being modernized enable easy access to the entire western Europe. The A4 motorway constitutes the main transport axis joining the western and eastern Europe. Thanks to the road network, Bolesławiec has a comfortable location in relation to airports in Wrocław, Dresden, Berlin and Prague. Also an important fact is that even today the airport in Wrocław is the fourth airport in Poland, when it comes to the size of national passenger traffic.
It should also be taken into consideration that Bolesławiec constitutes the last stop in Poland for transit from the east.
PERFECT TRANSPORT ACCESSIBILITY
- railway route E30 - an element of the 3rd Pan-European transport corridor which was modernized in recent years with the use of European funds,
- A4 motorway (Cracow - Dresden),
- Voivodeship road no. 297 joining with the national road S3 north-south route,
- national road no. 94 crossing the town, until the moment the section of the A4 motorway was put into service, it constituted the main transport route towards Dresden and Southern Germany.
The town is located a small distance to border crossings with Germany - approx. 40 km and the Czech Republic - approx. 60 km.
The Bolesławiec Zone of Economic Activity, which includes the Subzone Bolesławiec of the Special Economic Zone of Wałbrzych “INVEST-PARK” (WSSE), covers almost 110 hectares of investment areas. There are over 50 ha of areas to be developed for investment. In the local zoning plan, the entire investment area has industrial purpose. The offered investment real estate are fully connected with the network of national roads (A4 and A18 motorways) and voivodeship roads (roads no. 297, 363, 350), as well as internal roads with increased parameters which have been built recently with the use of European funds.
The Economic Activity Zone of Bolesławiecis fully developed with water, sewage, gas and power networks. Land development took place within the last three years and it has parameters which meet the expectations of even the most demanding customers.
The offered real estates are ecologically clean and free from natural dangers (e.g. floods).
In 2005 the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency acknowledged one of the real estates properties included in the Economic Activity Zone of Bolesławiec as one of sixteen best investment locations in Poland and the best in Dolny Śląsk (Lower Silesia).
It is also important that the town is in 100% covered with binding local zoning plans, which considerably streamlines investment processes. Apart from industrial areas, the town Bolesławiec has in its offer a wide range of areas for residential and service construction.
- aqua park “Orka” which offers: a sports and recreational swimming-pool, courses for swimming lessons, a water merry-go-round, a wild river, a waterfall, geysers, a family slide, air couches, tube slides, a paddling pool for children, saunas, fitness, squash, aerobics, solarium, graduation tower, gastronomy,
- approx. 200 km of bicycle routes in the town and in the neighbourhood,
- modern sports halls,
- multi-functional sports pitches with synthetic surface,
- in the winter - indoor ice-rink,
- in the summer - a water and sports centre of Miejski Ośrodek Sportu i Rekreacji (Municipal Sports and Recreation Centre),
- SPA and saline pool are going to be opened in 2015 in a historic swimming pool,
- 3D and digital technology cinema offers the highest level of service and comfort,
- free classes in Bolesławiecki Ośrodek Kultury - Międzynarodowe Centrum Ceramiki (Cultural Centre of Bolesławiec - International Ceramics Centre) and in Centrum Integracji Kulturalnej (Cultural Integration Centre) Orzeł, which offers, among others, the following workshops: ceramic and sculpting, painting, film, dancing and photography,
- broad cultural offer for youths and adults, including the most demanding ones, inter alia: vernissages, concerts, theatre performances, meetings with interesting people, events,
- attractive exhibitions in a museum equipped with multimedia and audio-video devices,
- in your free time - a walk along the seven pedestrian trails, with the common name “Following the steps of famous Europeans”. The trails were organized thematically around particular personalities, sights and phenomena in the history of Europe,
- the beautiful, renovated “Old Town” together with the Town Hall, a fountain, surrounded by a ring of renovated green belts encourages one to have a rest or go for a walk,
- a sport and cultural event filled calendar will have something for everyone. The flagship events are, among others: Ceramics Holiday of Bolesławiec, South Slavic Culture Festival, International Ceramic and Sculpting Outdoor Event.